Sunday, March 1, 2015

L.A. Cotton

Not so long ago (OK, a few days ago) Caitlin read and reviewed a book called "Loyalty and Lies" from L.A. Cotton. And she loved it. But if you want to hear (read) Caitlin gush about it, you can check out her review over on the blog! The rest of this is fantastic. Getting these answers from this author was great! So read on to learn a little more about the inner workings of L.A. Cotton!
1-      Did you always want to be a writer?
No, writing is a fairly new thing for me. I have always, always, loved to read. And in 2013 I read a lot. Like, way too much, as a way of escaping the stress I had going on in my life. One day, after reading a Kelly Elliot book (possibly Wanted) a story popped into my head and I figured why not give it a try. One year later, I have three self-published novels.
2-      What’s your favourite book?

It’s an impossible question. But I’m going with the book I could read again and again, and it’s probably Inescapable by Amy A Bartol. It’s the first book in her Paranormal Romance series, The Premonition Series, and it’s just an amazing read!

3-      What’s your favourite children’s book?
Growing up I loved the BFG by Roald Dahl and the Famous Five books by Enid Blyton. But now I have children of my own, and lately, I've been reading them a lot of Julia Donaldson books (she wrote the Gruffalo). One of my favourites is A Squash and a Squeeze.
4-      What inspired this story line?
My first two novels, Fate’s Love and Love’s Spark are your typical will-they-won’t-they romances. I loved writing both books, but I always knew they weren't going to get people talking or change lives. I wanted that. I wanted to write a book that people took notice of, and finished feeling like ‘I need more…’.  I also wanted to step out of my comfort zone and write something a little more gritty and angsty. Hopefully, Loyalty and Lies achieved that.
5-      How did you make the choice between indie/self-publishing and traditional publishing?
When I first started writing last year, I spent a lot of time researching traditional publishing houses and the process for getting agented… and quickly realised that I didn’t have the patience for that. Early on, I knew I wanted to share my words with readers, and self-publishing gave me the opportunity to do that.
6-      Can we expect more from you in the future?
The second book in the Chastity Falls series, Salvation and Secrets, will be released in April, and then I am hoping to release the third book in the Fate’s Love series, Love Collides. I am also working on a new standalone. So watch this space!
7-      Who has been your biggest supporter?
I owe a lot to two fellow writers/authors, Stylo Fantome and Jenny Siegel. They have both been with me on this journey since the beginning. Stylo was actually the first person to read my writing and eventually she planted the self-publishing seed. We published around a similar time and it’s great being able to share the highs and lows with someone on the same journey. And Jenny Siegel… well, she has become my confidant and sounding board for all things book (and life) related. I would really be lost without her!
8-      What are your most and least favourite parts of being a writer?
Favourite, getting to interact and meet other authors, bloggers, and readers. I love the networking aspect. I also love nothing more than getting lost in a story – a story I created.
Worst, time. I simply don’t have enough time to write all the things I want too!
9-      What’s been the biggest hurdle for you?
Building my confidence – which is an ongoing process. I'm not really ‘out’ in the real world as an author. My family and close friends know that I write, and I have just started telling people I know, but I pretty much spent the last year writing in a bubble!
10-   What’s your pet peeve, or share an embarrassing moment…
Pet peeve, in the book world? I get a little worked up when people sign up to beta read and/or for review copies of your book and then do not ever provide feedback and/or a review. I just don’t get it…
11-   Who’s your favourite Disney princess, just because we can’t resist asking! :D

Oooh, this is a good one! Hmmm, probably Cinderella. I love that she’s just a normal girl, having a tough life, that gets to be the Princess for a night. And her best friends are mice…!

Social Outlet

Purchase Outlet
Amazon US     Amazon UK     Amazon CA     Amazon AU
Kobo     iBooks     Nook





****Looking for some one of a kind book swag from Undeniably Addicted to Books? Check out our new online store

No comments:

Post a Comment