Friday, February 20, 2015

Paulina Woods

Paulina is the author of "Stone Guardian." A novel that Caitlin recently had the opportunity to read and review. She found it to be a wonderful story, and messaged me several times throughout to tell me what she was loving about it. You can read her full review of it right here. If you're interested in following Paulina Woods, or purchasing her book, you'll find all of that information at the bottom of the page! In the meantime, here's the synopsis of Stone Guardian, and our Q&A session.

Element – Fire (Healer/Destroyer) 
Royal House – Purple 

Milcah was born to rule along side an evil mother. Milcah's father was taken against his will and forced to give up his seed to produce a child with unimaginable powers. At a young age she was taken away from the only home she knows and forced to forget, again and again. 

Raised by a detached stepmother, Milcah learned to depend on herself and her best friend, Mary for support. When Mary suggest a vacation, with a scenic route, to the Grand Canyon Milcah believes she is finally getting the chance to see outside her small town. Packing a few things and climbing into her old beat up car, she never imagined she would find a new side of herself. 

Lost on a back road, Milcah meets her destiny in a small town named Beacon. When her mind is unlocked, she finds she has a past that will lead to the salvation or damnation of the world. 

This is book one in The Witches Amulet series. 





 1. Did you always want to be a writer?
    Yes and No. I grew up with a speech disorder, which caused me to talk really fast, high, and no one could understand me. From the age of 3 until I was in fifth grade I had to go to speech therapy. One of the things they had us do was write down our thoughts in order to organize them. I guess I never stopped writing them down. I started keeping a diary in six grade up until I graduated college and now I put my thoughts into books.

2. What's your favourite book?
    This is a hard one to be sure. I have so many favourite authors running round out there. Right now I am reading Viper Games by Christine Feehan. She is the author who introduced me to paranormal romance so I guess I will name her one of my top favourites.

3. What's your favourite children's book?
    My answer cannot be simple for this one because I started reading at such a young age that I was reading Tom Clancy in six grade. So if anyone asks me what I loved to read in grade school it would be Tom Clancy. His books were the first "long" books I read and I loved every second.
    In terms of real children's books I love Where the Wild Things Grow. Hated when they made it a movie.

4. What inspired this story line?
    My love for gargoyles. Remember that 1990 gargoyle cartoon? I still try to watch it whenever I can. I loved how the gargoyles didn't change to human form but were still loved by human females. I haven't seen many books with this type of hero and there is a quote floating around that says "Write the story you want to read."

5. How did you make the choice between indie/self publishing and traditional publishing?
    Honestly it was made for me. I hate giving up control and as I looked for publishing houses I notice the author has no real choice when it comes to publication date, cover or what to write next. I wanted to keep that control and bring in people I trust to help me with the details I can't do alone. So I have hired a PA and graphic designer, both also just starting out, and we work like a charm together.

6. Can we expect more from you in the future?
    You better believe it. My writing hand is itching and nothing can stop me. The Witches Amulet series has nine books, so that means eight more to come. I am working on a shifter story based off of some of the people I work with. A fantasy epic is halfway mapped out and I still want to write the story of the year I lived on the streets with my sister.

7. Who has been your greatest supporter?
    I am saddened that I can not say my family. My support comes from the wonderful ladies over at Coffee Talk Reviews who took me under their wings as a new blogger. They say potential in me and kept telling me to write until I finally did. When I have a question about publishing or just feel like giving up they are there for me. Renea Mason always tells it to me straight and I love her for it.

8. What are your most and least favourite parts of being a writer?
    I love sitting down and writing. I am not a planner by any means I just sit down and start writing. I was talking to my boyfriend when I was writing Stone Guardian and was like, "Dang it witches just showed up. What the hell am I going to do with them." He gave me a funny look but that’s how many of my characters come into being. They show up and refuse to leave.
    I hate hitting publish. I have only published one book so far but it was the worse moment ever. I had to send my hard work into the world and watch as others loved it or hated it. I kind of wish reviewers would be kinder to authors and realize it’s a person on the other side.

9. What's been the biggest hurdle for you?
    Concentration. Part of my learning disability makes it difficult for me to concentrate on one task to long. So I have to write in thirty minute intervals. If something happens in those thirty min, like a loud noise outside or a ringing phone, my concentration is broken and I have to get up for a while. I am going to have to invest in some noise cancelling headphones.

10.  What's your pet peeve, or share an embarrassing moment…
    To many peeves to list them here so I will give an embarrassing moment. I was working at Disneyland and had forgotten the belt to my pants. At lunch as I was ordering in line with a table full of people behind me, my pants hit my ankles. I was not wearing anything underneath but my panties. They have never let me live that one down, ever.

11. Who's your favourite Disney princess, just because we can't resist.
    Nope I actually do not have one. I love the villains. Ursula is by far my favorite, she made fat sexy. My sister and I made a pack that if we ever had children we would dress them as villains, take them to Disney and tell them to chase their princesses. 


Social Outlet

Buy Links

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting me on here and on your fb page. I had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete