Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Morgan Rayne

Morgan Rayne is the author of several contemporary romance novels including "A Different Kind of Fairy Tale" which I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing the other day. You can find my review here. Her other titles are Let Me Love You, Just a Kiss and Resisting Amy. All buy links can be found at the bottom of the page, as well as social media links.

AUTHOR WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT, STRONG LANGUAGE AND GRAPHIC SEXUAL SITUATIONS. INTENDED FOR ADULTS 18 AND OVER. 

Stella and Alex have been best friends since the day Stella moved into Spring Towers Apartments three years ago. Alex reminded himself time after time that Stella was just one of the guys and completely off limits in all things romantic. That is until she needs an immediate boyfriend when her ex shows up engaged to the woman he cheated on her with. Alex comes to her rescue, but very quickly fantasy becomes reality and the sparks fly. Hidden feelings are shared and a new love blossoms in this quirky friends to lovers romance. But when football loving Stella's ex-best friend Heidi sets a course for Alex, will this new couple weather the storm, or will history repeat itself once again? 




1- Did you always want to be a writer?Not at all. In high school my favorite subject was History. Science and English were classes I absolutely dreaded. But my senior year I started reading romance novels regularly and found I had all theses ideas for my own stories. Unfortunately, it wasn’t until I received an iPad in February of 2012 that those ideas started coming back to me again. Now, I almost wish I would have paid more attention in English class.
2- What’s your favourite book?
That’s like asking which one of my children I love more. I have so many favorites. Nora Robert’s “Three Sister’s Series” is definitely a stand out for me. I normally read much sexier books, but I love the way she paints a picture with her words. I always get lost in her stories.
3- What’s your favourite children’s book?
Hands down “Love You Forever” By Robert Munsch. I was read that story as a child, and read it to my own when they were babies. It’s so sweet and still brings a tear to my eye.
4- What inspired this story line?
My writing is very personal to me. While the stories themselves are fiction, the background and personalities of my characters are based on myself and people in my life.
5- How did you make the choice between indie/self publishing and traditional publishing?
I have this nasty habit of not believing in myself. When I started out I was only brave enough to let one person read my stories. She encouraged me to continue, but I still had my doubts so I never even attempted to find a publisher. It was the best decision I ever made. Yes, there’s more exposure going the traditional route, but there are also down falls, such as deadlines. I work when I can, when my children allow me too, and I like that.
6- Can we expect more from you in the future?
Yes! Lord knows my brain never shuts down. Currently I have four books started on my laptop with ideas for at least ten more, so there will be no slowing down for me anytime soon.
7- Who has been your biggest supporter?
My family, more specifically my step mother. She’s the one that read my stories, encouraged me, and gave me the confidence to follow my dream. Now I have many supporters. One of my best friends lets me come to her house and have melt downs when I have writers block, another fellow author gives me a kick in the pants and brainstorms with me daily even though I live in the US and she in England. We have formed an amazing friendship.
8- What are your most and least favourite parts of being a writer?
My favorite part is interacting with my fans, and seeing the excitement they get when I respond. I never want to be one of those people that forgets why I do this, and being able to say a few words, even if it’s just “Thank you” when someone sends me a message or post, is so rewarding. I want all of my fans to know I appreciate their support. Because without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. My least favorite part is the criticize. As authors, we put our blood, sweat and tears into what we do, and with just a few careless words someone decides to tear it down. I'm a lot better now than I used to be. I used to get so upset when I got a bad review, but now I realize the good ones far out weighs the bad ones. I just think people can be critical without being cruel.
9- What’s been the biggest hurdle for you?
Writers block. I have a nasty habit of letting what’s going on in my personal life affect how I write. When something bad happens, it completely puts a halt to my writing because my mind wants to think about other things. It’s something I’m definitely working on though.
10- What’s your pet peeve, or share an embarrassing moment…
Embarrasing moments have happened quite a bit and it’s always the same. My friends or family will read my books, then joke about how I gave them new ideas to spice up their own love lives or how things heated up between them and their significant other after reading it. I get so red faced. Especially when it was my 70 something Great Aunt saying this.

11- Who’s your favourite Disney princess, just because we can’t resist asking! :D BELLE…Oh I’m a sucker for a smart girl who knows how to speak her mind. Plus she falls in love with the Beast because of who he is on the inside instead of the outside. More people should do that.

Social Outlet

Amazon Buy Links



No comments:

Post a Comment