Thursday, February 26, 2015

Carly Wakefield

Wakefield is the author of the Rhodes series. A romance based series revolving around the "Rhodes" family, and all the men finding their "happily ever after." I've had the chance to only read the first, but will be hitting up the second soon enough. You can find the review for "Rhodes to Crazy" here on our blog. You can find our Q&A session with Carly below, as well as all the ways you can successfully stalk her on social media, and all the buy links for the two novels she presently has available.


Layla Alexander is a budding photographer with insecurity issues towards her more out-going sister. Sebastian Rhodes is ready but not looking for love, he is however in need of a photographer. Sparks fly when the pair meet and Sebastian needs to know more about this little photographer and his reactions to her. Will love run smooth or will family and insecurities put up blokes on the road to love?




1-      Did you always want to be a writer?
I've been a hairdresser and a dress maker, I love creative things and as a teenager had a dream of writing, but did not have the patience for it at the time. For the last 13 years I've been a stay at home mum. When I started writing it was the first thing I could imagine myself doing full time and for many years to come.
2-      What’s your favourite book?
The Fifty Shades trilogy kick started my reading obsession again, I would have to say they are my favourite.
3-      What’s your favourite children’s book?
Boy, by Roald Dahl, in fact most anything Roald Dahl.
4-      What inspired this story line?
My family is the inspiration for my fictional family series. I have a large, loud and wonderful family. Some of the Characters are loosely based on some members and I have used quite a few of their names too.
5-      How did you make the choice between indie/self publishing and traditional publishing?
Honestly, I was too scared of rejection letters to go the traditional route.
6-      Can we expect more from you in the future?
I have two books out right now, the third will hopefully out in April, these are part of a six book series and I have two more started for after them, so yes definitely more to come from me.
7-      Who has been your biggest supporter?
My mum, dad and husband are my biggest supporters. My mum is always on hand when I need instant feedback and my dad is a photographer and I'm so lucky to have him doing my covers.
8-      What are your most and least favourite parts of being a writer?
Least: writing synopsis’ can be a nightmare, and fillers. Naming characters can take me a while too. I liken it to naming my babies, it’s that important to me (lol).
Most: When someone tells me they loved my story. I don’t think that will ever get old, it just makes me feel so wonderful that someone can be enthralled in my work like I have been with others. 
9-      What’s been the biggest hurdle for you?
Biggest hurdle has been finding an editor I can afford.
10-   What’s your pet peeve, or share an embarrassing moment…
One of my biggest pet peeves is people who have no sense of ‘personal space’ and are all up in yours when standing in a queue for something. “Just take a small step out of my bubble please!” 
11-   Who’s your favourite Disney princess, just because we can’t resist asking! :D

Love this question! Princess Vanelope Von Schweetz.


Buy Links

Rhodes to Crazy


Rhodes to Magic


Social Outlet



No comments:

Post a Comment