Monday, February 23, 2015

Brenda Burling

Brenda Burling is one of the sweetest women I've had the pleasure of reading for since Caitlin and I started this blog. Like us, she's new to this whole world, and has been working herself like crazy to make a name for herself. And work, she has. Her novel "Deceived" is by far, one of my favourites that I've read and reviewed, and I am so excited to read more of her work in the future, be it for the blog, or for pleasure, her work is on my to-be-read list. Click here, if you'd like to read my review of her book "Deceived."
Once again, all social links and buy links can be located at the bottom of the page!



Julia’s privileged and ordered world is turned upside down in a single day… 

The start of the catastrophic turn of events begins with a seemingly simple mobile phone malfunction, culminating in the disappearance of her children and husband. 

Against the backdrop of Cambridgeshire countryside, Florida’s relentless heat, and millions of tourists, Julia’s search begins. 

A story of one woman’s strength, ingenuity, and relentless courage to get back what’s been taken from her. 

By whatever means necessary…





Here's the details from our Q&A Session!

1. Did you always want to be a writer?
Yes, I always wanted to be a writer, but often felt it was just a pipe dream.
2. What's your favourite book?
My favourite book is John Wyndham's Day of the Triffids
3. What's your favourite children's book?
Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
4. What inspired this story line?
The original idea came around the time there was something in the news, and it got me thinking- what would I do in that situation? I like a story where the underdog comes through in the end. 
5. How did you make the choice between Indie/self publishing and traditional publishing?
The choice was made for me in a way, and I am an advocate of both indie and traditional publishing. I self-published and then was offered a contract with a publisher. 
6. Can we expect to see more from you in the future?
There will definitely be more from for many years to come.
7. Who has been your biggest supporter?
My family and friends are my greatest supporters. 
8. What are your most and least favourite parts of being a writer?
I love the escapism of being a writer. My least favourite aspect of writing is waiting to hear if submissions have been successful. 
9. What has been your biggest hurdle?
Juggling writing and family life. 
10. What's your pet peeve, or share an embarrassing moment.
Editors, I couldn't be without one but they terrify me. I think it's because they will always know more of the mechanics of writing. I am more about the story telling. They put together what I'm trying to convey. 
11. Who's your favourite Disney princess?
Snow White. Any woman who can organize seven men and get them out of the house on time has my vote! 




Social Outlet: 


Buy Links




No comments:

Post a Comment